"Words have no wings, but they can travel a thousand miles" (Korean Proverb)

Welcome to Flying Words, Jon and Aileen's blog of our adventures in South Korea! We will be in South Korea for a year, starting in mid-July, teaching English in a private school. We just graduated from college this past May, and are looking forward to having some adventures before continuing our education. 
We started this blog to keep all our family and friends updated and to share our photos and stories. We hope this is entertaining for you! We will miss you all, and are very thankful to have the internet to keep us in touch. 


Thursday, July 31, 2008

Entry from the plane...

  So, I'm writing this blog from somewhere over Russia. Pretty cool, huh? Too bad Jon and I are in the middle of the middle row, so we are nowhere near a window. We flew over Canada, the Arctic, and now we are over Russia. We'll cut down across a little bit of China, then around North Korea to Seoul. It's wierd, because it's 12:15 am Eastern time (who knows what time it is underneath us) and it's still light out. It'll be 5:30 pm (Thursday) local time when we get to Seoul, in four hours. Which I guess means it'll never be dark, even though it'll be a different day. Wierd. Two days and no night. I can't really think about that too much.... :-) 

   So far, the ride's been alright. We have those video-on-demand video screens in the seats, so I've been watching a lot of TV and movies..."Definately, Maybe"; an episode of Friends and House; "Dan in Real Life"; and some of Horton Hears a Who. Plus they have games like Tetris, which is good for killing time. Jon's watching...I'm not sure, but it must be funny because he keeps laughing. :-) 

   Alright, writing this blog post did not kill nearly enough time. Guess I'll mess around some more on the computer. I'm tired of watching movies. I slept a little earlier, but I don't want to sleep now since I want to be on the right schedule, which I guess makes it 1:30 in the afternoon for me now. Aye.
  
Or maybe I'll just play some more Tetris .

       Jon says hello,

~Aileen

No comments: